15 hours of English lessons per week plus excursions, on-campus activities, and plenty of opportunity to explore New York City in your own time.
Discover New York
in New York, USA
About the programme
Available at: New York
Maximum class size: 15
Minimum entry level: Beginner
Duration: 2 – 4 weeks
Start dates: 30 June, 7, 14, 21 July 2019
Course ends: 3 August 2019
Teaching days: Monday – Friday
Age range: 16 – 25
- 15 hours of English lessons per week
- Half-board accommodation (breakfast and lunch or dinner) in twin rooms
- Weekly travel card for commuter rail and NYC metro
- One full-day and one half-day excursion per week
- Two on-campus cultural or sports activities per week
- Placement test
- WiFi internet access
- End-of-course certificate
15 hours of English lessons per week, to improve overall language skills and also explore American culture — specifically the history, politics and social economy of New York and the United States.
Classes take place on the college campus in modern classrooms which are all equipped with data projectors.
Students stay in an on-campus residence, in twin rooms in a traditional dormitory-style setting with shared bathrooms.
The residence is next to the classrooms and dining facility, and students also have access to free laundry facilities and the student center and lounges to enjoy recreational time with other students.
Half-board meals are served in the on-campus dining hall. Breakfast and lunch or dinner is provided every day with a choice of meals.
Excursions and activities
Full day excursions (included in the price)
- Greenwich Village, Chinatown and Soho
- Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island
- Brooklyn Bridge, Ground Zero and One World Observatory
- American Museum of Natural History and Central Park
- Southstreet Seaport, Financial District Walking Tour, and Staten Island Ferry
Half-day excursions (included in the price)
- Empire State Building
- Museum of Modern Art
- The Highline and Chelsea Market
- Grand Central Station and Fifth Avenue
- Top of the Rock
There is also plenty of free time in the weekly schedule to explore New York City.